Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Japan and I ❤

There are friends who travel across the world for various purposes. I feel jealous at times 😉 as I have never stepped out of my country. One has to make efforts to travel around, which I did not so far. So complete fault is mine.😝 Of all dreams to travel to different places, the most dreamt one is "Japan" 😍

Seeing my fascination for the country, my spouse tells me that I did have hidden connection with the place ages ago (something like "Japanil Kalyaraman"😜😲). Sometimes I feel that it must be true! 😄

The first thing I learnt about Japan during school days is the horrendous disaster they faced in the World War - II. I was always taught that the country bounced back with momentous growth in most fronts after the incident. Japan is not only a victim of war but also an active participant (Yes, Karma is a boomerang). Their learning at very heavy cost has transformed their outlook on life, is what I believe. I recently learnt that Japanese are raising peace monuments across the world to compensate their past war actions. There is a saying: "Learn from others' mistakes for life is too short to make it all by yourself." But it is a wonder why and how the adults (rulers) still fail to learn to spread "Peace"!!! Adults are adults! 😧


The next is my favorite TV game show during childhood, "Takeshi's Castle" 😎. OMG, What an awesome show it was! And I always wished that my town/state/country had something like that for kids to freak out.😞 Know what, when one of my friends travelled to Japan, I asked him to visit the place. He could take a picture of the place from the bus he travelled in as it was closed looong back. Still, I wish to get a glimpse 👀 of it some day.


"Totto-Chan" is my most favorite book (it is on a school in Japan that was crushed to pieces in World War II) since the time I read it. How could one dream of such a beautiful school and execute it to perfection!!! There is no place where I failed to make a mention of this book as I consider it to be a treasure and there are takeaways for anyone and everyone on earth!! I can simply speak for hours on this book 😆 I was unlucky to not have got such a memorable school life. Wish the next generation all around the world gets! 💞


Then the irresistible show, "Shin Chan" that we began watching with our daughter. One gets to know how child-friendly the Japanese city is by seeing the way the little boy goes around, in day and night, in sun and rain. Also it gives us so much insight about the Japanese culture that is looked upon by rest of the world. Such a cute show it is, not a single day goes without it! 💗


The most heartwarming life history I recently shared, Sadako Sasaki! Lesson for life for both children and adults all over, particularly to the rulers of nations. The meaning of "peace" it sow deep inside me is too intense to choose otherwise! How irresponsible we adults are, to make children go through all that they NEVER deserve! Neither does a parent on earth deserve to go through the pain of Sadako's family. Sadako and those peace cranes have become an integral part of our lives! 💖 We do make paper cranes often! 💝


And in the last week, the online site, Kanali have dedicatedly published series of articles/interviews/books on Japan. Beginning to read with the thirst to know more before I travel 😜😍

Every now and then I come across (both incidentally and accidentally) interesting facts, beautiful stories and everlasting history about Japan. Do not know if at all there is a connection between Japan and I, but it is on the top of my wish list!! 💓 

10 comments: